Algae growth comes from sunlight and unstable pool chemistry. It is especially common after pool openings with mesh safety covers. This can cause pests to infest your pool, damage the walls and floor of your pool, and leave large stains. There are many solutions to clearing up a green pool, but algaecide 60 will not only rid your pool of existing algae but prevent future algae blooms.
If algae were to go untreated for long periods of time, it would clog filters, create severe odor and decrease the efficiency of your pool system.
Combat unsanitary milky or discolored swimming pool water. Algae will decrease the efficiency of your pool system and greatly increase chlorine and shock demand.
Algaecide 60 protects and prevents the surface, walls, and floor of your pool to have any growth of algae in it. It acts as a back up for your normal routine of pool care.
KILLS AND PREVENTS GREEN, YELLOW, AND BLACK ALGAE
Algae, while not harmful to bathers, do not belong in a properly operated swimming pool. If allowed to grow freely, the pool quickly becomes unusable. Algae can make your pool water cloudy, clog filters, create objectionable odors, increase chlorine demand and reduce the effectiveness of other pool chemicals. Using a good algaecide as part of regular pool maintenance is the best way to control these microscopic plants. SunGuard Algaecide 60 is a highly concentrated liquid algaecide consisting of a cationic polymer, effective in killing different types of algae.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE OF ALGAECIDE 60
- Initial dosage – For pools with just visible algae growth, add 11 to 17 ounces of SunGuard Algaecide 60 per 10,000 gallons of water and remove settled algae. Add 6-11 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of water while treating freshly cleaned and filled pools.
- Maintenance dosage – Add 2 to 4 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of water every 5-7 days after initial treatment for maintenance.
- Winterizing – Add 6 to 10 fluid ounces of algaecide 60 per 10,000 gallons of water for pools that have been properly treated during the swim season and are free of visible algae. For pools with some visible algae growth at the end of the swim season, add 12 to 17 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water.
SPAS, WHIRLPOOLS, HOT TUBS, DECORATIVE FOUNTAINS, AND PONDS
- Initial Dosage – For spas with just visible algae growth, add 1 to 2 fluid ounces of algaecide 60 per 1,000 gallons of water. For treatment of a freshly cleaned spa or whirlpool, add 0.6 to 1.1 fluid ounces per 1,000 gallons of water.
- Maintenance dosage – Add 0.2 to 0.4 fluid ounces every 5 to 7 days after initial treatment.
Note: For maximum effectiveness pools and spas containing heavy growth of algae should be cleaned prior to using this product.