DE Pool Powder – Diatomaceous Earth Filter Powder 25 lb bag
If you have a Diatomaceous Earth (DE) pool filter installed, you will NEED to use D.E pool powder. The DE filter grids on their own are extremely good at filtering out bacteria and various debris, but they tend to miss out on filtering tiny contaminants. Although these organic containments are extremely small and invisible to the eye, they have a huge impact on the cleanliness & clarity of your pool water.
By adding DE pool filter powder to your swimming pool, you ensure that even the tiniest of contaminants – particles as small as two to five microns (an average grain of sand is 1,000 microns!) are filtered out and don’t return back into your pool.
Diatomaceous earth pool filter powder is an all-natural, high-grade powder derived from tiny fossilized exoskeletons of algae-like water plants called diatoms. If you were to look at a DE under a microscope, it closely resembles the shape of a sponge. This sponge-like structure makes it perfect for allowing water to pass through but stopping microscopic impurities like dirt, algae, and various bacteria from returning to your pool.
If you want truly sparkling & clear water, Celatom diatomaceous earth (DE) is the most efficient dirt removing filter aid available on the market. Celatom DE pool powder is able to remove particles as small as 2 microns, so you will never have to worry about swimming in cloudy pool water.
With proper pool chemistry, regular cleaning of pool filter grids, and using DE pool powder, the clarity & quality of your pool water will be top-notch. By using DE pool powder you can also reduce the use of chemicals and disinfectants needed to sanitize your swimming pool.
Benefits of using Diatomaceous Earth Filter Powder 25 lb bag
Diatomaceous earth filter powder for DE pool filters will greatly increase the productivity of your pool filter and ensure that even the smallest contaminants get captured and filtered out of your swimming pool. For over 50 years, Celatom DE Pool powder’s unique characteristics have made it the worldwide choice for swimming pool and spa filtration products.
- For Above Ground and In-Ground D.E. Filter Systems, applicable with salt pools too.
- 99.4 percent effectiveness rating in pathogen removal efficiency.
- DE filter powder is an all-natural mineral filter media that traps micro-contaminants
- High-grade DE filter powder removes particles as small as 2 microns
- Replace DE filter powder every time you backwash your DE pool filter system
- The filter pressure gauge indicates when to backwash. When it reads 8-10 lbs higher than when D.E. was first added into the filter.
- Bumping a DE filter, or performing short 10 second backwashes, will reset the DE cake and can extend filter cycles.
- Initial dosage for DE pool filter systems: 1 lb for every 5 SF of filter surface area on spring start-up, 1 lb per 10 SF after backwash.
- Provides a sparkling pool day and night
- Filters out particles associated with recreational water illness
- Enhances filter productivity reducing chlorine & shock use
- NSF Certified
- Diatomaceous earth filter powder comes in a large and durable 25 lb bag
Application of Diatomaceous Earth Filter Powder 25 lb bag
You will need to apply a new coat of DE pool powder after backwashing or when installing a new set of DE-filter grids. If you are looking for how to add DE powder to your pool, here are 7 steps you should take when adding DE filter powder to your pool.
- Step 1: Make sure you have enough pool DE filter powder before backwashing. You will need around 4-6 pounds of DE powder to recoat your grids after a backwash.
- Step 2: An easy way to determine how much DE pool powder to add to your filter is by monitoring the pressure gauge. Stop adding DE Powder when the gauge hits your normal operational range – generally 10-13 psi.
- Step 3: Set the Multiport valve to FILTER mode.
- Step 4: Turn the pump on and wait till it reaches regular speed.
- Step 5: Release air out of the filter by turning the relief valve. Close it once a steady stream of water escapes from the valve.
- Step 6: Apply the DE Pool powder into the skimmer closest to your pool system. SLOWLY add the required amount of DE powder through the skimmer. Be careful not to breathe in the fumes of this powder, it’s dangerous for your lungs.
- Step 7: Check the air pressure Gauge once you add some de powder in and determine if the gauge hit is normal operational value. If it is in between your regular pressure readings (PSI) you can stop adding DE pool powder.