THE ADVANCED PHOSPHATE REMOVAL SYSTEM
There are many reasons for excessive and persistent algae growth in ponds, lakes, and swimming pools. One of the primary but often overlooked causes is a high level of phosphate in the water. Specifically, it is orthophosphate that has long been known to provide algae a food source to produce flourishing algal blooms. Introduced into water systems from one or more of several sources, particularly fertilizers and detergents, orthophosphate can be removed from the water or reduced to levels that are not conducive to algae growth.
Up to now, most phosphate removal products contained lanthanum carbonate. Lanthanum carbonate is a mineral that will trade a carbonate ion for a phosphate ion, if present, in an aqueous environment. The compound resulting from this exchange, lanthanum phosphate forms an insoluble precipitate that will drop to the bottom of the system over time. The precipitate would then have to be vacuumed from the pool. The entire process could take days or even weeks to complete and would raise carbonate levels that contribute to scale formation.
Our new phosphate removal method provides the most efficient way available to remove or lower phosphate levels. A chloride-based formula; one quart of our SunGuard Phosphate Remover is capable of taking 1,000 ppb (parts per billion) of orthophosphate out of 20,000 gallons of pool water.
EASY TO USE
- Test for Phosphate using a phosphate test kit.
- Use chart on the product to determine the correct dosage.
- Pour the proper amount of SunGuard Phosphate Remover into the skimmer with the system running.
- Run filtration system for 24 hours watching filter pressure. Clean or backwash as needed.
- Test for phosphate monthly and use SunGuard Phosphate Remover to keep phosphate levels below 125 ppb.