Sunguard Pool Closing Kit – Winterizing Chemicals for Inground & Above-Ground Pools.
The 3 in 1 Sunguard Pool Closing kit not only makes closing a pool easy, but it also saves pool owners time when opening the pool back up around spring time. By using a pool closing kit, you can effectively prevent algae build-up, stains on the pool liner, and maintain balanced & clear pool water during the cold winter months.
Most swimmers are eager to jump in a pool as soon as it opens, and those who use a pool closing kit don’t need to sacrifice precious pool days trying to clarify green & murky pool water. A pool closing kit ensures that the health of your pool and pool water will not deteriorate during the winter.
What’s included in the Sunguard pool closing kit:
Winterizing Non-Chlorine Floater
Inside this floating white contraption, you will find unique non-chlorine tablets that consistently sanitize the pool throughout the winter. As the Sunguard Floater drifts around the pool, it disperses a chemical residual in the water to prevent algae, maintain clarity, and keep water quality high for a quick & easy opening in the spring.
Algaecide Control 30%
For pool owners who consistently take the cover off to a green pool, Algaecide 30 is the best way to repel sunlight and prevent the growth of Green, Mustard, and Black algae from sprouting on pool walls & floor. Algaecide 30 is also ph tolerant, being able to survive fluctuations in pool acidity.
Stain, Rust, and Scale Control
A specially formulated sequestration liquid that prevents & controls metal staining and scale formation from dissolved metals and minerals (such as iron, copper, calcium, and manganese). It is particularly effective for overall water treatment when used in conjunction with Phosphate Remover.
How to Use:
1. Before winterizing your pool, balance the water and clear the pool of all algae growth, dirt and leaves.
2. Circulate pool water during winterizing, and begin when pool water temperature maintains 65° F (or below)
3. Pour the entire bottle of Sunguard Algaecide 30 around the perimeter of the pool, making sure the product is evenly distributed.
4. Pour the entire bottle of SunGuard Stain, Rust, and Scale Control Plus around the perimeter of the pool, making sure the product is evenly distributed.
5. Continue filtering for at least an hour to disperse treatment uniformly throughout the pool.
6. Lower the pool water approximately 4″ below the skimmer.
7. Drain water from plumbing lines, filter, and heater according to manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Add SunGuard AntiFreeze (sold separately) to all plumbing and equipment as recommended by the manufacturer.
9. Add the SunGuard Winterizing Floater. Do not throw floater into the pool.
10. Cover the pool. (For mesh or safety covers, add an additional bottle of Sunguard Algaecide 30 in early March) NOTE: If winter and/or spring are unusually warm, lift one end of the cover to check the condition of the water. If algae are present add another bottle of SunGuard Algaecide 30
11. When the water temperature maintains 65° F (or above), remove the cover, reconnect all plumbing and raise water to the proper operating level. Remove and dispose of time-release floater.