Ultimate Pool Metal Stain Remover Kit
Wondering how to remove metal stains from your pool liner? Sunguard provides a powerful two-part kit that eliminates existing metal stains and prevents future ones from coming back. It is the most efficient way to remove pool irons stains, rust stains, and more.
- Stain remover – Helps remove yellow stains from pool surfaces
- Works as a clarifier – Helps clarify and clear cloudy pool water by removing the yellow debris and restores the sparkle to the pool
- No chlorine demand – Can be used in pools treated with liquid or dry chlorine products
- Compatible with sanitizers – Is compatible with most chlorine-based sanitizers used to treat pools
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- STEP 1: IDENTIFY THE CAUSE Swimming pool surface stains can be caused by metals in the pool water or by just about any organic material. The color of the stain helps to identify the type of stain. A green, green-brown or brown-colored stain is usually due to something organic, such as leaves or dirt and debris sitting in the bottom of the pool over the winter. Algae, bird droppings, worms, insects or other dead animals can also result in pool surface stains. After brushing and removal of the offending organic material, these stains are best treated with SunGuard E-Z Stain Away following the directions on that product’s label. Pool stains that look blue, blue-green, black, or have a rust-like appearance are likely caused by metals in the water. Copper stains are blue, blue-green, or black stains, while iron will appear rusty, brown, or green-brown splotches. Manganese will appear as brownish-black or purple stains. This kit is designed to lift these stains and remove the metallic offender from the system.
- STEP 2: PREPARE FOR TREATMENT The free chlorine residual should be below 3.0 ppm and the pH should be 7.2 – 7.4 to maximize the effectiveness of stain removal. All other water balance parameters should be within the proper operating range. Clean or backwash the filter before beginning this treatment.
- STEP 3: TREAT THE STAIN With the system operating, add the Stain & Scale Away directly to the pool water while walking around the perimeter at the rate of 1 quart per 20,000 gallons. When this product is added to metal and mineral discolored pools, it will eliminate the unwanted color and should remove many stains that regularly occur in pools in their normal operation. Continuously operate the filter system for 24 hours and proceed to Step 4.
- STEP 4: REMOVE THE PRECIPITATE With the system operating, apply the correct dosage (per label directions) of SunGuard Filter Aid Plus Tabs. Do not over-treat. Filter Aid Plus Tabs are a proprietary blend of clarifying polymers and coagulants in convenient to use ½ ounce tablets. When applied as directed, this product permits your existing filtration system to remove organic and inorganic impurities, provide unmatched sparkle and clarity to water, and reduce sanitizer consumption. It allows the stain-causing precipitate to be captured on your filter and backwashed to waste or cleaned (as in a cartridge filter) thereby removing the unwanted minerals and metals from the system. This kit contains enough Filter Aid Plus Tabs for three or more treatments to a 20,000-gallon pool. It is recommended that the filter be backwashed or cleaned and another treatment with Filter Aid Plus Tabs two days following the initial treatment.
- STEP 5: PREVENTION If metals like copper, iron, or manganese are known to be in the source water, or are being introduced in some other way, use SunGuard Metal-Out Plus as a maintenance treatment following the label directions.
- SunGuard Stain Away Kit Includes 1 quart of Stain Away. 1.5 lbs. of Filter Aid Plus Tabs and Stain Treatment Guide