FOR SALT-SYSTEM SWIMMING POOLS
SunGuard Mineral & Scale Control is a proprietary, non-phosphate-based, formulation that is best used for the prevention of scaling and deposition on salt generator cells which, over time, reduce the efficiency of the cell resulting in lower chlorine production and shortened cell life. Additionally, his product is used in swimming pools to reduce scale formation in pumps and pool heaters, to eliminate plugging of filters, and to reduce iron and copper staining.
Soluble metals can be inhibited from precipitation by sequestering/chelating agents that bind with the metal ion to keep it in solution. SunGuard Mineral & Scale Control sequesters the materials causing stains and scale and holds them in solution. Regular use of this product helps keep pool water clear, the pool walls free of stains, and prevents corrosion of metal pool fittings. Use of SunGuard Mineral & Scale Control as part of the pool maintenance program will result not only in the control of scale but also in the removal of existing deposits.
DIRECTIONS FOR INITIAL USE
- Maintain pool water in the pH range of 7.2 to 7.6, total alkalinity at 100 to 150 ppm, and calcium hardness at 100 to 275 ppm. If pH falls below 7.0, serious corrosion problems may result.
- For best results, use SunGuard Mineral & Scale Control in the evening with the pool pump and filter operating overnight.
- Add 16 ounces (1/2 bottle) per 10,000 gallons directly to the pool or by premixing into a plastic pail of water first. Dispense the solution evenly around the pool with the system running. DO NOT pour into the skimmer. Continue to run the pump for at least 24 hours.
STAIN AND SCALE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE TREATMENT
- After INITIAL USE, repeat application at the rate of 4 ounces per 10,000 gallons every two weeks.
- In pools with a known metal or mineral issue, dose at the same level of 4 oz. per 10,000 gallons but on a weekly schedule.
- Apply at the rate of approximately 10 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water by evenly dispensing as described above.
- Allow the pool pump to operate for a minimum of one hour to thoroughly mix the product into the water prior to closing.
Note: In hard water areas where calcium hardness exceeds 400 ppm, it is advisable to double the dosages listed above. However, DO NOT increase the dosages to more than double for one application.
SunGuard Mineral & Scale Control is available in 1-quart bottles.