A swimming pool collects tons of organic contaminants from humans and nature such as perspiration, suntan lotions & body oils, phosphates, cosmetics, sweat, and various hair products. It can also absorb harmful diseases and bacteria that pose a risk to bathers.
Regular Shocking of a swimming pool is necessary to keep sanitization levels at a level where all contaminants that enter the pool are instantly destroyed. The Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock is a chlorine stabilizer – pool shock that continuously destroys algae and all organic contaminants that enter a swimming pool.
With built-in stabilizer protection from the sun, it will dissolve quickly and leave safe chlorine residual in the pool water.
- Multi-Purpose Pool Shock: Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock 1 lb bags have a much less chlorine concentration than most pool shocks (only 35% available chlorine). Our quick dissolving and easy to use multi Shock is great at disinfecting the pool, controlling the growth of algae, clearing up pool water, ridding your pool of oils & grease, and enhancing the quality of your water.
- Application of Multi Shock: Sunguard multi shock doesn’t need to be mixed with water or any other liquids. Simply cut or tear the bag at the top and evenly distribute it into the deep end of your swimming pool. For regular weekly use, it is advised to use the multi shock at night while your pump is running at the rate of one (1) pound per 12,000 gallons of pool water in residential pools. For Daily use, add 2.5 oz. per 5,000 gallons through the pool skimmer.
- Pool Shock For Algae: Before using this multi shock product to treat algae, make sure to brush all the algae clinging onto your pool surface, pool steps, ladder steps, and around your pool skimmer and light. At night, or when no one will be swimming in the pool for a long period of time, use two 2 pounds of multi shock per 10,000 gallons for medium to high algae growth and one pound per 6,000 gallons for light algae growth. Make sure your pump is running.
- Works with other chemicals: Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock provides chlorine residual in your pool that will constantly work to destroy algae, clear up cloudy or hazy water, and organic contaminants from humans and nature. Since it’s a stabilizer, it can be used in combination with chlorine. It is also good for lowering your water hardness and stopping massive fluctuations of your pool water’s pH levels.
- Pool Chlorine Multi Shock: Maintain your swimming pool or spa with premium pool chemicals and treatment supplies that are specifically designed to maximize the efficiency of residential swimming pools. Not to mention the easy-to-read directions and color-coded packaging, you can depend on SunGuard pool chemicals to get the job done the first time.