A swimming pool collects tons of organic contaminants from humans and nature such as perspiration, suntan lotions & body oils, phosphates, cosmetics, sweat, and various hair products. These are a lot of things that can potentially damage your pool and the people inside. If you don’t regularly shock your pool, your water may become cloudy, infested with bacteria, and algae will start growing on your pool surface.
Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock is a stabilizer that continuously destroys algae and all organic contaminants that enter your pool. This allows for your bathers to enjoy a clean and healthy pool.
- Multi-Purpose Pool Shock: Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock 25 lb bucket has much less chlorine concentration than most pool shocks (only 35% available chlorine). Our quick dissolving and easy to use multi Shock is great at disinfecting the pool, controlling the growth of algae, clearing up pool water, ridding your pool of oils & grease, and enhancing the quality of your water.
- Application of Multi Shock: Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock doesn’t need to be mixed with water or any other liquids. Simply use the provided measuring cup and evenly distribute the multi shock in the deep end of your swimming pool. For regular weekly use, it is advised to use the multi shock at night while your pump is running at the rate of one (1) pound per 12,000 gallons of pool water in residential pools. For Daily use, add 2.5 oz. per 5,000 gallons through the pool skimmer.
- Pool Shock For Algae: Before using this multi shock product to treat algae, make sure to brush all the algae clinging onto your pool surface, pool steps, ladder steps, and around your pool skimmer and light. At night, or when no one will be swimming in the pool for a long period of time, use two 2 pounds of multi shock per 10,000 gallons for medium to high algae growth and one pound per 6,000 gallons for light algae growth. Make sure your pump is running.
- Works with other chemicals: Sunguard Sunburst Multi Shock provides chlorine residual in your pool that will constantly work to destroy algae, clear up cloudy or hazy water, and organic contaminants from humans and nature. Since it’s a stabilizer, it can be used in combination with chlorine. It is also good for lowering your water hardness and stopping massive fluctuations of your pool water’s pH levels.
- Pool Chlorine Multi Shock: Maintain your swimming pool or spa with premium pool chemicals and treatment supplies that are specifically designed to maximize the efficiency of residential swimming pools. Not to mention the easy-to-read directions and color-coded packaging, you can depend on SunGuard pool chemicals to get the job done the first time.