SunGuard Floating Winterizing Tablet
- A unique winter, non-chlorine tablet in a floater. The SunGuard Winterizing Floater will help maintain a chemical residual in the water to prevent algae and keep the water clear and clean. Non-Chlorine Tabs.
SunGuard Stain, Rust & Scale Control Plus
- Prevents & Controls metal staining and scale formation
- Dissolved metals and minerals (such as iron, copper, calcium, and manganese) in pool water and corrosion of metal pool fittings will often cause staining and/or scaling. This specially formulated chelating and sequestration product does not contain any phosphate-based compounds. It is particularly effective for overall water treatment when used in conjunction with Phosphate Remover.
- SunGuard Stain, Rust & Scale Control Plus is compatible with all sanitizing systems including biguanide and salt systems.
SunGuard Algaecide Control Plus
- Kills and prevents green, yellow, and black algae Algae, while not harmful to bathers, do not belong in a properly operated swimming pool. If allowed to grow freely, the pool quickly becomes unusable. Algae can make your pool water cloudy, clog filters, create objectionable odors, increase chlorine demand and reduce the effectiveness of other pool chemicals.
- Using a good algaecide as part of regular pool maintenance is the best way to control these microscopic plants.
- SunGuard Algaecide Control Plus is a liquid algaecide consisting of a cationic polymer, effective in killing different types of algae. Non-Foaming formula.
SunGuard Phosphate Remover
Our new phosphate removal method provides the most efficient way available to remove or lower phosphate levels. A chloride-based formula; one quart of our SunGuard Phosphate Remover is capable of taking 1,000 ppb (parts per billion) of orthophosphate out of 20,000 gallons of pool water.
1. Before winterizing your pool, balance the water and clear the pool of all algae growth, dirt and leaves.
2. Circulate pool water during winterizing, and begin when pool water temperature maintains 65° F (or below)
3. Pour the entire bottle of Sunguard Algaecide 30 around the perimeter of the pool, making sure the product is evenly distributed.
4. Pour the entire bottle of SunGuard Stain, Rust, and Scale Control Plus around the perimeter of the pool, making sure the product is evenly distributed.
5. Continue filtering for at least an hour to disperse treatment uniformly throughout the pool.
6. Lower the pool water approximately 4″ below the skimmer.
7. Drain water from plumbing lines, filter, and heater according to manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Add SunGuard AntiFreeze (sold separately) to all plumbing and equipment as recommended by the manufacturer.
9. Add the SunGuard Winterizing Floater. Do not throw floater into the pool.
10. Cover the pool. (For mesh or safety covers, add an additional bottle of Sunguard Algaecide 30 in early March) NOTE: If winter and/or spring are unusually warm, lift one end of the cover to check the condition of the water. If algae are present add another bottle of SunGuard Algaecide 30
11. When the water temperature maintains 65° F (or above), remove the cover, reconnect all plumbing and raise water to the proper operating level. Remove and dispose of time-release floater.